Chief of Party (COP), USAID Evaluation and Survey Services (ESS), Haiti
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is preparing a proposal for the $4-6 million two-year base period (with three, one-year option periods totaling between $4-7 million) USAID-funded Evaluation and Survey Services (ESS) project in Haiti. The objective is to provide technical services to design and carry out evaluation activities in support of USAID/Haiti programs. These could include performance baseline surveys, mid-term and final performance evaluations, impact evaluations, and assessments. Through this ESS contract, USAID/Haiti seeks to more cost-effectively and efficiently measure, monitor, and evaluate the impact of US development assistance in Haiti.
SI is seeking an international Chief of Party (COP) to lead and manage the ESS contract administratively and technically, providing oversight on all evaluation activities and serving as SI’s representative to USAID/Haiti. This position will be based in Port-au-Prince for the duration of the project.
- Provide overall project management and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed and the objectives of the project are successfully met.
- Provide the vision and overall leadership to the team.
- Manage SI’s technical assistance, training, and overall support.
- Prepare and submit reports requested by USAID.
- Coordinate USAID assistance with key counterparts.
- Lead the SI’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regard to day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Assure that all assistance provided under the contract, whether by international or local experts/personnel, is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed.
- Adequately manage and supervise the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in social sciences, evaluation services, business management or other related disciplines.
- At least 10 years of experience in conducting evaluations and/or assessments, of similar size and scope in developing countries.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience, with at least five leading project management teams.
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team management and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English is required, as is a demonstrated ability to exercise overall quality control, meeting high technical and editorial standards in written products.
- French Level III (General Professional Proficiency) and English Level IV (Advanced Professional Proficiency).
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Haiti to attend to contract implementation tasks.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.