Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Pakistan. The purpose of the anticipated activity is to support the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to institute an efficient, transparent and accessible land record. The activity will be implemented in selected Newly Merged Districts in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. A digital land record will help improve land management and local planning, mitigate land disputes, support enabling conditions to access credit and improve the ability of the Government to provide services to its citizens.
The Chief of Party’s responsibilities include providing overall programmatic leadership, including contractual performance and risk management, work planning and reporting, financial management, administration and personnel management, high-level client and counterpart dialogue, and communications for the project. The COP will provide comprehensive technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation and reporting to USAID and act as the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech ARD and other partners.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Pakistan. Additionally, she/he should possess:
* Advanced degree in land administration, information and communication technology, economics, rural development, law, conflict resolution, information technology, geography, economic development preferred or other relevant discipline. Significant additional work experience in lieu of a master’s degree will be considered;
* At least 10 years of professional experience with projects related to relevant activity themes (e.g. land tenure and property rights, digitization). Direct experience working and managing programs in Pakistan strongly preferred;
* At least 7 years of project management and supervisory experience, with a proven track record of successful project implementation. Previous Chief of Party experience on USAID projects in Pakistan or in conflict/post-conflict settings strongly preferred;
* Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with government officials, market actors, and community stakeholders;
* Project ability to follow security protocols and to work effectively in high security risk settings;
* Ability and willingness to travel frequently to within Pakistan (e.g. Peshawar, and throughout the Newly Merged Districts);
* Fluency in English required, and Pashto language skills strongly preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications December 31, 2019.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.