Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
The USAID/Somalia Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MV&R) project will provide support for program-related services to program and technical teams in the USAID/KEA/Somalia Office in Nairobi, Kenya. The contract will comprise multiple, simultaneous Task Orders including: implementing an ongoing monitoring system for funded activities; conducting data quality assessments; supporting performance management; providing logistical, administrative, and facilitation support for technical team meetings with partners or other stakeholders for the purposes of planning, monitoring, evaluating and/or learning; and fielding technical assistance.
Dexis is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to lead and manage the project.This is a Nairobi-based, full-time position with travel to Somalia, as necessary. Hiring for this position is contingent upon contract award.
The COP will lead and manage the overall MV&R IDIQ and ensure that quality standards and schedules are met. S/he will provide vision and overall leadership to program operations; drive the achievement of program results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality services; serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day activity implementation and management issues; supervise the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the program; ensure cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve the objectives of the IDIQ and associated TOs; ensure timely, accurate and user-friendly reporting on the progress and status of all services provided under the program; and ensure the USAID-compliance and integrity of program operations. The COP will interact with senior Mission, Embassy, and government officials. S/he will provide direct management and supervision to the Nairobi-based MV&R team and oversee Field Supervisors.
- At least 10 years’ of experience in international development, including experience managing multi-million dollar development projects.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment with strong multi-cultural, inter-personal and supervision skills.
- At least three years of experience as a COP or three years’ experience managing a business unit within a larger organization, demonstrating professional interaction with U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of management, international development or a related technical field.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Experience living and working in Kenya and/or Somalia.
- Local Kenyan candidates preferred.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.