Chief of Party, COVID GDA APS, Bangladesh
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated COVID GDA APS program in Bangladesh funded by USAID and implemented in conjunction with AV Ventures. The Chief of Party (COP) will provide leadership, oversight, and support to the team while ensuring the successful implementation of program activities that are on time, within budget, achieve projected results and compliant with donor regulations. The COP will promote strong relationships with and between project stakeholders: project partners, the USAID Mission, the government of Bangladesh and other donor and non-governmental organizations. The position is based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, with regular travel between Dhaka and field activities across the country, as needed.
- Under the general supervision of the Program Director, assume overall responsibility for the activity based in Bangladesh.
- Promote ACDI/VOCA programs in Bangladesh and assure their smooth functioning, by fostering and maintaining positive relationships with the U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh, USAID Mission in Bangladesh, primary GoB counterparts, private sector partners, and other governmental and non-governmental agencies and organizations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other organizations to enhance program development.
- Ensure quality monitoring and evaluation, including the development of a monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Deliver quality control of project reports, contracts, and other programming documents, and monitor ongoing activities to ensure they are reaching the intended objectives and are in full compliance with ACDI/VOCA and donor regulations.
- Coordinate investment activities and oversee capacity-building of COVID GDA technical staff and local partners.
- Monitor budget, fund disbursal, and financial records ensuring that project expenditures comply with ACDI/VOCA and USAID policies and regulations.
- Respond to Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance) audit requests from HQ accurately and rapidly.
- Identify new business opportunities to the extent possible and, upon request of ACDI/VOCA headquarters, assist in the design and development of other ACDI/VOCA projects.
- A master’s degree in business, economics, finance, or related field
- Minimum of seven years of progressively increasing management responsibility
- At least three years’ experience managing an economic growth project of a similar environment and scope in Bangladesh desired
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming
- Demonstrated skills in meeting programmatic and financial reporting requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bangla required
- Ability to travel within the country and internationally, as required
Bangladesh nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to AVBangladesh@joinav.org. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.