The QED Group is preparing a proposal to USAID for an upcoming opportunity to improve data collection, analytic support, and strategic planning in global education. The period of performance is anticipated to be 5 years.
The QED Group is seeking a Chief of Party to lead technical and managerial aspects of the Data and Evidence for Education Programs (Deep) to enhance the strength of data collected by USAID education activities, and inform USAID Education program design and management.
Provide overall project vision, technical leadership and management;
- Achieve program results efficiently, in a timely fashion and in compliance with USAID, US Government policies and procedures;
- Serve as the main point of contact for the contract with USAID, implementing partners, and other donors;
- Lead work planning, including contingency planning if necessary, and oversee the operations of the contract to achieve successful implementation of activities;
- Mentor staff to enhance capacity and actively contribute expertise to the contract overall and provide strategic and operational direction;
- Oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation;
- Ensure the completion of timely reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control/assurance standards; and
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
How to Apply
At least ten years of professional experience working with issues related to planning, design, and performance management of international development assistance programs, preferably those funded by USAID.
- Advanced degree in a field relevant to development assistance, international affairs, political science, sociology, statistics, education, public administration, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field.
- At least five years of education experience, especially in the areas of educational assessment and training.
- Technical knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Must be able to efficiently manage a complex program, including the recruitment and supervision of long and short-term staff and consultants for work required under this contract, and to interact professionally with senior officials and other stakeholders and development actors.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication, presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Strong understanding of multi-sectoral development theory and thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs desirable.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing large interdisciplinary teams.
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume.
- Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.