Resonance is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Bureau of Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3/ED) Data and Evidence for Education Programs (DEEP) project. The goal of the DEEP project will be collecting, analyzing and reporting education data to track progress towards meeting and refining strategic objectives, as outlined in USAID’s Education Strategy. The activity aims to provide an evidence base to inform future education programming by (1) creating rigorous data management and monitoring systems that track the achievement of E3/ED strategic goals and results (2) conducting ongoing analyses and producing learning products to share USAID Education sector data, and (3) providing technical assistance and training to promote data utilization within USAID and across its partners.
The COP will provide overall leadership, strategic direction, and program oversight. S/he will oversee project planning and implementation, ensuring timely and high-quality expertise and deliverables.
This position will be based in Washington DC, with potential international travel required. The COP will report directly to Resonance’s Home Office Director.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID, contributing to a successful, positive relationship with USAID E3/ED and other key stakeholders;
- Oversee the quality of the project, ensuring effective financial and operational management;
- Provide strategic direction and technical leadership to develop rigorous research and analytical agendas and capture high quality data to track progress toward education strategic goals, including producing evidence analyses and knowledge products and facilitating effective use of data by USAID and its implementing partners;
- Provide management, oversight, mentorship, and guidance to a team of technical staff and consultants, ensuring the quality and timeliness of their work;
- Establish work plans and other project management tools and systems to meet project goals and deadlines, and comply with USAID procedures and policies;
- Ensure that the DEEP team has appropriate level and expertise required to respond to changing client priorities and surge needs;
- Recruit short-term and/or long-term staff and consultants as needed for specific tasks;
- Provide quality assurance over all technical and administrative deliverables, including preparing quarterly and annual reports; and
- Ensure technical and operational contractual compliance.
- Master’s degree in Education or related social sciences field;
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience leading project implementation and management, with a demonstrated history of progressively complex experience in managing international education programs;
- At least four (4) years of education sector experience, particularly for USAID programs;
- Demonstrated experience in developing a project strategic direction and effectively managing staff, resources and relationships with key stakeholders to successfully achieve project objectives;
- Significant experience in change management, monitoring & evaluation, research, institutional performance management, and/or communities of practice;
- Experience leading efforts focused on data collection, management, and analysis, as well as proven success in applying qualitative and quantitative findings to insight systems change, improve organizational effectiveness, amplify program impact, or influence policy;
- Experience working with USAID, with a strong familiarity of USAID policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, manage complex programs, and ensure that project staff adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance, and timeliness;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Chief of Party - DEEP” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance (formerly SSG Advisors) is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.