Chief of Party, Developing Export-led Growth Activity, Kosovo
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Developing Export-led Growth Activity in Kosovo. The program will facilitate Kosovo’s firms becoming more competitive in local, regional, and international markets and will promote export-led growth. The new activity will enhance Small and Medium Enterprises’ development, market knowledge and linkages, will develop a skilled workforce that better meets private sector needs, and will expand access to finance leading to firms’ growth and productivity. The 5-year activity is funded by USAID and envisioned to start in 2020.
The Chief of Party for this program will ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors, and is responsible achieving the program results. The Chief of Party will identify program implementation issues and risks in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. H/She will act as the key liaison between USAID/Kosovo and all other counterparts, implementing partners involved with the program. The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in developing countries and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines.
- Lead a team of technical experts and facilitators to engage a large number of business development services providers, networking organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Spearhead strategy development and utilize managerial tools and frameworks to improve the ability of the team to successfully and sustainably achieve project goals.
- Use a market-led, facilitation-based, locally-driven and adaptive management approach to project implementation.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, sharing learning, presenting progress, troubleshooting, and securing buy-in for strategic improvements that enable the project to maximize the scale and sustainability of its impact and the value of USAID’s investment.
- Engage, coordinate, and collaborate with other donors and implementing partners active in the ecosystem.
- Master’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible international work experience implementing USAID funded programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience of projects of similar complexity with experience with direct supervision of professional, managing teams and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs.
- Substantial experience in the related technical area, including in the private sector
- Professional proficiency in English and Albanian or Serbian languages required
- Previous experience working in East Europe required.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.