Job Title: Chief of Party II
Department: CRS Madagascar
Reports To: Country Representative
Country/Location: Madagascar – Tulear or Antananarivo
As Chief of Party II you will provide vision, leadership and overall management of the USAID DFSA project to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your strategic leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in Madagascar. As a senior leader you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations or a relevant technical area. PhD preferred.
* 10 or more years’ relevant management and technical experience.
* 7 years of experience managing donor funds, including multi country grants. Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management.
* Established leader in sector as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations etc.
* Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
* 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
* Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
* Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
Advanced French, and English are required; Malagasy optional but helpful
Travel Required: 30-40% travel
Key Working Relationships:
* Supervisory: DCoP, MEAL Coordinator, Sector Leads
* Internal: All Departments of the Country Program, SARO regional TA’s and staff, HQ contacts
* External: USAID, UN partners, other NGO partners in Madagascar, relevant GoM Ministry staff, research institutions, church partners
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Accountability and Stewardship
* Build Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Continuous Improvement and Innovation
* Strategic Mindset
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.