Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party to lead an anticipated, USAID-funded Iraq Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities IDIQ. This will be a five-year project expected to begin in October 2019.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the program, working directly with the USAID Mission to ensure that project goals and are implemented and achieved.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Supervise program staff; coordinate closely with all field staff.
* Oversee project planning and ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, performance, and financial reports.
* Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Iraq, including day-to-day implementation and management of activities to ensure they are in line with donor regulations and Global Communities’ policies.
* Frequent coordination with USAID, host government counterparts at the national level and community leaders.
* Master’s degree in business, international development, public administration, governance, conflict mitigation/resolution or related field is required.
* 10+ years of progressively responsible experience managing donor-funded projects with multiple activities across offices in a related role, preferably as COP on USAID projects.
* Demonstrated ability to manage diverse staff, including expatriates and locals for long or short-term assignments.
* Experience managing projects in the Middle East, preferably in Iraq, or in similar complex and challenging environments.
* Experience overseeing both technical and operational aspects of projects that have proven results in economic growth, job creation, livelihoods, stabilization, civil society or related fields is required.
* Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a variety of stakeholders, including donors, local government, civil society, and private sector.
* Fluency in written and spoken English required; proficiency in written and spoken Arabic desirable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.