World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party, Dutch Relief Alliance DRC Joint Response, you will be responsible for the overall management of the Dutch Relief Alliance Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Joint Response (JR) and is the lead liaison with World Vision Netherlands (WVNL). You are directly responsible for implementation of the objectives of the Acute Crisis Response, effective and compliant reporting and M&E. You will represent the Joint Response consortium in DRC and will therefore build and maintain relations and clear lines of communication with the six INGO JR members in DRC as well as with the WVNL Project Manager in the NL. You will facilitate learning between the JR-members, organize meetings for the JR-members, monitor country context and implementation, lead the evaluation and support the JR-members if needed to solve issues. You will explore and facilitate opportunities that reflect the joint collaboration/collaborative impact of working together in the consortium. You will provide overall program leadership, and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining administrative and organizational structures.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of international development projects.
- At least 3 years of senior-level project management experience in conflict-affected environments, experience in eastern DRC preferred.
- Experience coordination and working with a consortium is required.
- Experience overseeing the administrative, contracting, financial and logistical aspects of budgets close to $4 million a year.
- Post-graduate degree in relevant fields such as international development, education, economics, or business.
- Professional level written and oral English, proficient written and oral French are both required (FSI 3/3 and equivalent skill level).
- The COP will be based out of the Response Office in Kananga with frequent travel to field sites.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 02 MAR 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.