Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis anticipates the release of a solicitation in Timor-Leste for a civil society strengthening program. This program will play a role in helping local NGOs become independent by strengthening organizational, advocacy, research networking, and financial capacity of selected NGOs as well as ensuring laws and policies enabling independent NGO operations are in place to enable the NGOs to provide sustainable advocacy on behalf of their constituents.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) to lead and manage this $4-10 million contract for the duration of the project (an estimated 5 years). This position will be based in Dili, Timor-Leste.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day activity implementation and management issues;
- Provide vision and overall leadership to technical direction and program operations;
- Drive the achievement of program results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality services;
- Supervise the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the program;
- Ensure timely, accurate and user-friendly reporting on the progress and status of all services provided under the program;
- Provide effective and efficient budget management of the project;
- Ensure the USAID-compliance and integrity of program operations.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, and master’s degree preferred in an appropriate inter-disciplinary area such as applied Social Sciences, International Development, or a related field of study.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; preferably managing civil society strengthening-related programs.
- Past work experience in southeast Asia required, with experience in Timor-Leste highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Strong multi-cultural, inter-personal, and supervision skills.
- Especially charismatic, professional credentials to be able to establish close, trustful relations for pursuing earnest organizational learning.
- Previous experience managing USAID programs of similar scale and scope highly preferred.
- Considerable experience in organizational capacity development as well as managing group dynamics and high-performing teams.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required; knowledge of Tetum and Indonesian Bahasa preferred
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.