Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market-led approaches for a broad and lasting impact. Banyan Global is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working throughout the world. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting a full-time Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID regional project in Eastern Europe and Eurasia. The purpose of this project is to promote broad based, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in Eastern and Central Europe and the Caucuses through greater intraregional economic integration and harmonization in the region and with other markets. COP candidates must be from one of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, or Ukraine. The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for technical leadership and project management to:
- Manage and implement all aspects of the project including technical, administrative, management and operational.
- Design and deliver technical trainings, research, and capacity building efforts on trade, the business enabling environment and/or financial sector reform.
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight to all project activities.
- Design, deliver and oversee regional workshops on technical topics.
- Serve as the key point of contact with USAID and host country government counterparts for all project activities and deliverables.
- Manage all partner and sub-contractor relations.
- Ensure quality control over all project activities.
- 10-15 years of experience managing competitiveness, trade promotion, economic policy reform, and/or financial sector reform projects.
- Working knowledge and experience implementing USAID projects, preferably as a Deputy Chief of Party or Chief of Party.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects in South-East, Central Europe and/or the Caucuses.
- Proven experience successfully leading a project or an economic growth component of a project, including technical, managerial and budget oversight.
- Experience coordinating with high level government officials.
- Experience preparing annual work plans, annual reports, and other required documentation to donors.
- Ability to work at a professional level in English, including reading, writing and making oral presentations.
- Experience in managing an economic growth project in a transition environment.
- Graduate or bachelor’s degree in business, economics, law, or an area relevant to development of the private sector competitiveness and/or financial sector reform from an accredited institution.
The COP will be located in one of the above noted countries; as such, the proposed COP must be a citizen of one of the named countries. Salary is commensurate with experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit a CV and cover letter to https://banyanglobal.com/careers/. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.