Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market-led approaches for a broad and lasting impact. Banyan Global is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working throughout the world. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting a full-time Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID regional project in Eastern Europe and Eurasia. The purpose of this project is to promote broad based, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in Eastern and Central Europe and the Caucuses through greater intraregional economic integration and harmonization in the region and with other markets. COP candidates must be from one of the following Western Balkans countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, or Serbia. The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for technical leadership and project management to:
- Manage and implement all aspects of the project including technical, administrative, management and operational
- Serve as the key point of contact with USAID and host country government counterparts for all project activities and deliverables
- Coordinate staff and stakeholders across the region
- Ensure timely submission of all written reports and other deliverables
- Ensure quality control over project activities and overall responsiveness to meeting the objectives of the program
- Manage all partner and sub-contractor relations
- Graduate degree in business, economics, law or relevant field.
- At least seven years of experience managing competitiveness, trade promotion, economic policy reform, and/or financial sector reform projects, preferably with a donor institution.
- Significant experience in and knowledge of the economic growth landscape in the Eastern Europe and Eurasia region, and the key institutions and organizations relevant to economic growth issues in the region.
- Demonstrated track record of successful design and implementation of interventions to improve competitiveness, the regulatory and trade environment, and/or access to finance in transition environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with local partner organizations that achieve the desired results
- Experience in working collaboratively and effectively with local national staff, USAID and other donors, host government counterparts, and other relevant stakeholders on project implementation
- Experience in managing a multi-component economic growth project in a transition environment
- Demonstrated ability to prepare the deliverables associated with this contract, including Annual Work Plans, Annual Reports, Budgets, and reporting to USAID on results
- Knowledge of the EU Accession Process desirable
- Fluent in English and at least one official language of the Western Balkans.
The COP will be located in one of the above noted countries; as such, the proposed COP must be a citizen of one of the named countries. Salary is commensurate with experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit a CV and cover letter to https://banyanglobal.com/careers/ . No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.