The Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments. This individual shall act as the key liaison between USAID/Guatemala and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved with the project. The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in developing countries and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines.
- Master’s degree in international development, education, Policy (with a concentration in Latin America is preferred), or related field of study or equivalent work experience required;
- Twelve (12) years or more of progressively responsible international work experience implementing multi-sector development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills;
- At least six (6) years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs;
- No less than five years of education and/or youth projects;
- Relevant technical background in education, workforce development, youth policy in Guatemala;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing alliances with the private sector;
- A familiarity with and commitment to developing public private partnerships (PPPs) is also required, as demonstrated by at least two years of senior-level experience working on projects that developed PPPs;
- Demonstrated excellent communications and writing abilities and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills in Spanish and English;
- Extensive knowledge of USAID administrative and procurement practices;
- Fluent in English and Spanish, and;
- Previous COP experience in Guatemala plus.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.