Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions), is a Hispanic- and woman-owned firm consulting firm dedicated to the creation of solutions to improve the health and well-being of underserved populations worldwide. Since 2005, we have worked in more than 70 countries to provide quality monitoring and evaluation; training and technical assistance; program development and implementation; and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization and were named the top USAID women-led business partner in 2018.
Social Solutions International, Inc. seeks a Chief of Party to lead a 10-year undergraduate scholarship program in Egypt. The USAID Scholars activity aligns with USAID/Egypt’s work of increasing access and inclusiveness of higher education by providing a minimum of 500 undergraduate scholarships to talented Egyptian students with high financial need, with at least 50% of recipients being female and at least 10% being students with disabilities.
This position is contingent on the award.
- Lead and manage the project, provide vision, and overall project leadership
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on the day-to-day activity implementation and management issues of the project
- Lead work planning activities and oversee all project management systems (finance, HR, procurement, administration, compliance) including all personnel assigned to the project
- Supervise senior staff and mentor local staff
- Provide technical leadership in education, training, capacity building of women and minorities, community level engagement, including monitoring and evaluation
- Maintain productive working relationships with government officials, private sector actors, and other stakeholders
- Drive the achievement of program results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality results
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship between and among Implementing Partners
- Master’s Degree (minimum) in a business management, economics, law, education, international development, or related field
- 12 years of experience (minimum) leading development projects
- USAID experience required; prior USAID COP or DCOP experience preferred
- Strong multi-cultural, inter-personal, and supervision skills
- Demonstrated experience managing successful, multi-sectoral donor-funded projects
- Experience working on development programs in Egypt and/or the wider region is highly desirable
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus
Social Solutions International offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.social solutions.biz.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.