Creative is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a donor-funded project proposal that seeks to address electoral reform and political party strengthening in Georgia. The COP is to be based in Tblisi, Georgia and will have overall management responsibility for the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Project Director or his/her designee.
The COP will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. S/he will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid reprioritization of activities when necessary.
Other responsibilities include:
- Serve as principal liaison with donor representatives, Georgian government counterparts and community stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities;
- Provide technical direction and leadership and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Provide technical support to the team in all program areas;
- Develop and implement work plans for project activities;
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that project results are met;
- Supervise development and submission of project deliverables and provide timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Donor/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Ensure compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations;
- Oversee implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues;
- Manage the program team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input; and
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 7 years’ experience as a chief of party or similar management role;
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience working for a government contractor or international NGO; at least 5 of which should be in a supervisory capacity;
- Previous experience working in the region;
- Familiarity and experience working with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID);
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up and close-out;
- 3-5 years of experience working with electoral administration, political party strengthening, civil society programming, and community mediation;
- Experience with activity design, development, implementation and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical capacity;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field; and
- Fluency in English, Georgian, and/or Russian.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working with citizen engagement and oversight of political processes, especially as they relate to youth and gender;
- Experience working with partnership organizations, especially political parties, civil society organizations and/or government agencies;
- Experience in producing civic/voter education materials;
- Experience in developing survey tools and working with focus groups; and
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.