Job DescriptionAround the globe, RTI International works to develop and implement low emission energy technology alternatives, facilitates private financing for energy infrastructure, collaborates with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption. This combined suite of legal and regulatory policies leads to increased access to energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty. We serve as a chosen partner for USAID’s Power Africa program in sub-Saharan Africa as an implementer of the East Africa Energy Program and Power Africa Off-grid Program.
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated upcoming USAID-funded energy project in Indonesia. The purpose of this activity is to improve Indonesian energy sector policies and planning and increase investment in advanced energy systems, particularly renewable energy, to expand access to energy, drive inclusive growth and reduce poverty. This will be a senior level position, and candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments.
• Responsible for overall management of the project including technical, administrative, financial, operational and logistical management.
• Provide overall project vision and leadership, manage overall project design and delivery.
• Liaise with USAID and RTI home office on technical and financial matters; implementation of and reporting on programming.
• Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation.
• Oversees preparation and delivery of high-quality reports to USAID, including quarterly and annual reports, and other reports required by the contract. This includes providing project data and information, reviewing documents for accuracy, and writing relevant sections as agreed with the home office.
• Ensure synergies across technical components of the project; Ensures good team planning, coordination, deployment of resources, and intra-team communication in support of project objectives
Required minimum qualification and experience:
• Master’s degree and 10 years of progressively responsible experience and expertise to successfully achieve meaningful and sustainable results in energy security, increasing energy diversification, and expanding energy access. Technical expertise in energy markets, policy, and private sector investment
• Extensive and substantive experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government and regional organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong technical expertise, superb management skills, and exceptional writing and communications skills in English;
• Possession of intellectual, communications, leadership, and managerial skills necessary to develop, articulate and implement a strategic vision for the project
• Chief of Party experience in Pacific Islands or Asia with similar a similar size and scope preferred
•Experience working in Indonesia required
•Experience leading a donor-funded project preferred
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development