The purpose of the Ethiopia Electronic Health Information System (e-HIS) project is to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in strengthening and modernizing the national Health Information System of Ethiopia. The project will involve supporting the government of Ethiopia to develop and bring to scale priority electronic health information systems, instill a culture of data use, build capacity and governance for the improved HIS, and ensure integrated systems by fostering stakeholder collaboration.
The Chief of Party (COP) will lead the Palladium team in achieving all project objectives and will be based in Ethiopia. S/He will provide overall technical and strategic direction, leadership, and management oversight to the project team. The COP will be the principle point of contact for the USAID Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR) in country and will have the authority to make decisions on behalf of Palladium and will have primary accountability for project requirements. S/He will coordinate and liaise with other stakeholders, including government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, and USAID and other donors. The COP will work with the Deputy COP-Technical and other senior technical team members to lead the development and implementation of the project work plan. S/He will provide additional quality assurance and help ensure the timeliness of deliverables. S/He will work with the Finance and Administration Manager to oversee budgeting and the financial operations of the project, ensuring compliance with contractual, Palladium, USAID, and Ethiopian requirements. The COP will also provide guidance and support on technical activities undertaken by the project related to systems design and management, data sources and management, data quality, information products and dissemination, and data demand and use. . The COP will coordinate on a routine basis with the Palladium home office and project partners. H/She will work to establish an environment of innovation and collaboration for the development of a fully functional national health information system (HIS) that integrates health and health-related data and interoperates across improved electronic HIS sub-systems.
* Master’s degree in business administration, project management, public policy and management, public health, international development, or other related field
* 12+ years of experience of experience in information systems strengthening and governance, monitoring and evaluation, informatics, or other field related to international health programs are required.
* At least 5 years of experience in management and implementation of USAID-funded or other donor-funded projects involving health information system management and strengthening.
* Thought leadership in the field of health information systems and monitoring and evaluation.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences, and publication in peer reviewed journals, fluency in Amharic and English.
* Strong interpersonal and management skills.
* Strong understanding and fluency in the field of information communication technology and innovation in technology for global health.
* Proven ability to leverage and manage partnership and cooperate with host country governments and international partners in implementing multi-intervention health information system projects preferred.
* At least five years of supervisory experience over technical and administrative staff.
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically, ability to manage a culturally and linguistically diverse staff, consultants and counterparts.
* Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities, often within a required timeframe.
* Professional and diplomatic demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.