The El Salvador Competitive (ESC) Project is a five-year $47 Million USAID-funded project that will strengthen the capacities of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to increase the country’s competitiveness in key economic sectors, expanding domestic sales and international exports. The project aims to benefit 10,000 micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises, including those led by or owned by women and vulnerable populations. ESC will foster job creation and economic growth by encouraging partnership with private sector, national and sub-national governments, universities, civil society organizations, and technical/vocational institutes
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for:
* The overall technical and administrative leadership of the project.
* S/he is the primary liaison with USAID/El Salvador and other organizations.
* The COP will take a leadership role in coordinating with USAID/El Salvador, other donors, government institutions, local organizations, and the private sector.
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise/Experience Required:
* At least three years of experience managing a USAID-funded project of $15 Million or more as Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party OR at least 10 years of management experience (above $5 Million) on a USAID-funded project as Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party;
* A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in International Trade, Economics, Business Administration or related areas;
* At least 3 years of experience working or managing a program/activity in Latin America (Central America preferred);
* Professional experience working on successful business development, trade and investment, and/or business enabling environment interventions and a strong private sector development orientation;
* Demonstrated strong leadership ability for effective project management, technical and analytical skills, personnel management/interpersonal skills;
* Experience effectively interacting with government counterparts, local organizations, and private sector executives;
* Strong written and oral communications skills in English and Spanish (professional proficiency/fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English (FSI levels 4-4).
* Thorough understanding of the issues surrounding competitiveness and private sector development in the Latin America region;
* Consulting or management experience (long-term preferred) in El Salvador;
* Experience in addressing gender gaps in economic growth projects.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.