Position: Chief of Party – Food for Peace (FFP)
Location: Juba, with frequent travel to project sites
Reports to: Deputy Country Director – Programs
ABOUT RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
RI South Sudan is recruiting a Chief of Party (CoP) for the USAID FFP-funded Emergency Food Security activity in South Sudan. If awarded this will be a three-year, multi-million dollar project implemented in consortium with two partner organizations. The CoP will be responsible for the overall management of the project, leadership of the project team and larger consortium, representation to USAID/FFP, government and other stakeholders. The CoP should have extensive experience and skills in team leadership and management of complex activities in food security and livelihood programming, preferably with USAID CoP experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee project and consortium start-up and continued project management and administration of teams across the different field sites.
- With consortium partners lead the development of detailed implementation plans to enable monitoring of project implementation.
- Ensure proper managerial and programmatic oversight to partners, including compliance support.
- Lead the development of effective stakeholder engagement plans, ensuring sound and proactive communications with internal departments, the Government of South Sudan and USAID/FFP.
- Lead the recruitment of a high-performing project team including orientation, professional development and ongoing training.
- Supervise and manage all program partnerships to ensure sound coordination
- In collaboration with RI South Sudan operation and finance departments, ensure proper financial, HR and procurement systems are in place and monitored effectively.
- Ensure adherence to the USAID agreement, RI’s internal policies and procedures and relevant external rules and regulations, including those of the Government of South Sudan.
- Represent RI at government, donor, NGO and other relevant events in the field, Juba and internationally if appropriate.
- Ensure close coordination and information sharing with consortium partners, sub-grantees, local government and other implementers, as well as with other RI programs
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, agriculture, nutrition, public health, business administration, or related field combined with a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international relief/recovery/DRR projects is required. Two years of applicable experience can substitute for a master’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience managing both DRR and food security programming including managing various cash and in-kind programming modalities.
- Demonstrated experience in Consortium management
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Solid background and knowledge of Rules and Regulations of USAID.
- Demonstrated record in collaborating with local governments and partner organizations, preferably in consortia.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Strong English writing and verbal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in working in protracted conflict environments
- Demonstrated experience of protection and safeguarding principles
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
The closing date for applications is 24th March 2020.
Due to the urgency of this role, we will be reviewing CVs and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.
About the Organization
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 17 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.