CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future (FtF) Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity in Uganda. The purpose of this Activity is to increase incomes and improve livelihoods of households through agricultural-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity will increase the institutional capacity of Government institutions, the private sector, and civil society organizations, and will create incentives for agribusinesses to invest in the market system and be more responsive to changes in it.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience in international development projects, including USAID projects, is required;
- Prior experience managing development assistance projects of a comparable size and scope in developing countries is required;
- Experience managing projects dealing with market systems, agribusiness, and capacity building
- Commitment to inclusiveness, including engaging women, youth, poor, and ethnic minorities in project activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required, experience managing a USAID funded program highly preferred, experience with other large donor programs an asset
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff
- Master’s degree in relevant field is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required; Swahili and other regional languages preffered
- Experience in Uganda or Central and/or East Africa preferred.
About the Organization
Founded in 1985, CNFA manages a portfolio of nearly $300 million in 15 countries. CNFA applies market-system approaches that engage local stakeholders to strengthen value chains and increase incomes, competitiveness, and employment for smallholder farmers and agribusinesses. CNFA programs strengthen the organizational and technical capacity of agribusinesses, cooperatives, and associations (including women’s and youth groups) to support farmers and promote the uptake of improved technologies and techniques to enhance productivity and natural resource management. We improve business and management practices of farmers and agribusiness and increase their access to affordable financial services. We also facilitate strong business linkages between smallholders and suppliers of quality inputs, service providers, buyers, and profitable markets.