World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
As Chief of Party, you will have overall leadership responsibility for the upcoming USAID Civil Society Engagement Activity in Georgia. The overall goal of the Civil Society Engagement Activity is to increase citizen engagement, awareness and participation in civic actions and democratic processes. You will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. This project is anticipated to be $15 million over a period of 5 years.
You shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively to support the various entities in Georgia.
You will manage a team of senior staff, sub-recipients, and engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the Civil Society Engagement Activity in Georgia grant. You will be expected to have strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of technical and management expertise.
You will also provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to Child wellbeing outcomes.
- A Master’s or higher degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Studies, or other relevant field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in managing civil society strengthening programs and demonstrated ability to effectively manage a diverse team of employees, including expatriate and local staff is required.
- Two (2) additional years of experience in a relevant subject area can be considered as equivalent to an advanced degree; however, the experience must be justified as equivalent.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Experience in leading and managing large grants in a complex environment.
- Experience as a CoP or senior expert advisor required.
- Fluency in English.
- Professional licenses, as required in the field and by the donor.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 17 MAR 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.