World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 40,000+ staff members working in more than 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party, GlobalFund - Central African Republic, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and oversight of the program. You will have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively with the Ministry of Health, Government of Central African Republic, and all stakeholders. You will manage a team of senior staff and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the grant.
- Minimum Qualification required: A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health and/or a Degree in Medicine, and/or project management or a post-graduate degree in a similar related field.
- At least 8 years’ experience in the management of or in the administration of complex health projects (Global Fund experience preferred) at the national level; minimum five years in a management position, supervising senior staff, in an international or multicultural environment at the national level.
- Knowledge of development issues, especially related to the health sector, trends, challenges, and opportunities and implications to community development.
- Familiarity with Global Fund programs, their history and development; mastery of Global Fund regulations governing such programs.
- Good verbal and written skills in French is essential, English is required.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel throughout CAR and internationally up to 20%
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 DEC 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.