Chief of Party – Guatemala
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) seeks experienced chief of party candidates for the anticipated multi-year USAID Harnessing Emerging Political Leadership for a Secure and Accountable Guatemala Project. The project aims to incorporate youth from at-risk, high violence, marginalized communities that lack opportunities and youth who have been inspired by the political crisis to take a more active political role, with the goal of developing an inclusive, representative next generation of civil society and political leaders.
The position is based in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
The Chief of Party’s major responsibilities include:
- Supervise technical staff to ensure effective implementation of administrative and financial procedures compliant with DI and USAID policies;
- Oversee the development and implementation of financial tracking systems and coordinate and monitor project budgets to ensure all expenditures are in compliance with DI and donor regulations and within the scope of the program’s long-term budget;
- Oversee staff capacity-building across the program and provide evaluation and workforce management to ensure their continued growth;
- Represent DI externally at meetings, workshops, and other events;
- Develop regular reports and ongoing activity monitoring consistent with the requirements of DI’s cooperative agreement with USAID and with internal reporting requirements;
- Act as a key liaison with the Government of Guatemala and USAID offices in Guatemala and Washington, DC in the areas of oversight, reporting, and compliance.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field;
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience leading and managing complex democracy and governance programming, with significant experience in elections and political processes, civic engagement/civil society, governance, or institutional development;
- Experience in developing countries, preferably in Guatemala/Central America;
- Demonstrated capacity to develop solid working relationships with senior government officials, local governments, non-governmental institutions, and coordination with other donors. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required;
- Demonstrated record of success in politically sensitive environments;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; Spanish proficiency preferred.
Interested candidates should apply via Democracy International’s Website. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that DI’s recruitment for this position is contingent upon award.
Please note that the solicitation for this project has not yet been released. DI will contact candidates upon solicitation release.
About the Organization
About Democracy International:
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in more than 70 countries. DI is an equal opportunity employer.