ICF is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified experts in biodiversity conservation to fill a Chief of Party (CoP) position for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Guatemala. The project aims to build national capacity to improve management and governance throughout Guatemala’s System of Protected Areas, as well as pilot interventions in several protected areas. The CoP’s responsibilities include providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract.
Hiring for this position is contingent upon funding.
The CoP will be responsible for all aspects of project coordination and communication. The CoP will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments. The CoP would lead a team of technical experts and sub-contractors in designing, implementing, and reporting on this program.
- Advanced graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Proven leadership in the administration of similar sized international donor programs.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in one or more of the following fields: protected area management and governance; management of terrestrial, coastal, and marine resources; sustainable fisheries management; local community development; local governance capacity building; or behavior change promotion.
- Strong familiarity with the Government of Guatemala’s structure and operations, including direct experience with CONAP, MARN, and other relevant Ministries and Agencies.
- Experience with strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Demonstrated experience of effective collaboration with a variety of stakeholders, including government agencies, academia, non-governmental organizations, and civil society including indigenous people organizations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop a common vision among diverse partners, the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, and the ability to promote a collaborative and adaptive management approach.
- Experience designing and implementing strategies to effectively communicate program results to targeted audiences.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work independently and liaise regularly with ICF headquarters.
- Ability to travel within and outside Guatemala up to 25-30% of the time.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation policy, approaches, terminology, and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize competing responsibilities, and respond flexibly to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with clients, partners, and team members.
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience.
To be considered applicant must submit the following:
CV in reverse chronological order including a list of references
About the Organization
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, helping improve the education of American youth, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website is http://www.icfi.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels.
(EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers