World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
World Vision seeks a Chief of Party (CoP) to lead the anticipated USAID Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and Family Planning (Nutrition/MCH/FP) program. The CoP position for the five-year program is contingent upon USAID award to World Vision. You will have overall responsibility for the leadership and management of all grant activities, consortium members and staff. You will have principal responsibility for representation for the projects to USAID and local Government entities and provides strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to the Cooperative Agreement outcomes. You will coordinate the implementation of all aspects of the program to ensure program quality and timely reporting to donors.
- A Master’s degree in related field or equivalent qualifications in grant management and a technical field in developing countries.
- 10+ years of extensive international development experience managing large grant-funded projects. Experience managing a Health program will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, preferably USAID and/or other funding agencies (Global Fund and other multilateral agencies); their policies and regulations.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English and Spanish, and verbal communication skills in one or more local Guatemalan languages.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 06 APR 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.