Dexis is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five-year Justice and Transparency Project funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, key position based in Guatemala City, Guatemala. The purpose of this project is to strengthen security and justice sector institutions to more effectively and efficiently investigate, prosecute, and adjudicate crime in order to reduce impunity in Guatemala.
This position is contingent upon award.
The Chief of Party will require experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills. Expected responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID/Guatemala COR and Contracting Officer.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Recruit and supervise short-term national and international consultants for evaluations
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is required.
- 15 to 20 years of senior management experience with progressively increasing responsibilities managing large democracy and governance, security sector reform, rule of law or other politically sensitive and complex projects.
- Experience working with senior government officials and building consensus among diverse actors.
- Experience managing donor complex contracts and agreements is preferred.
- Experience in Latin America preferred.
- Recognized commitment to respect for human rights and gender-sensitivity.
- A proven record of fostering partnerships and coordinating project implementation in a complex and dynamic political and international partner donor programming environment.
- Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context(s) in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish, native Spanish speaker preferred.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.