Louis Berger, a WSP company, is currently accepting CVs for Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded National Institution Strengthening for Accountable Governance project (projected to be $25-50 million in size) in Guatemala. This contract will provide technical assistance and capacity building to increase the effectiveness of public administration and financial management systems and processes within key government of Guatemala (GOG) institutions; improve the capacity of public institutions to responsively, equitably, and effectively fulfill their mandate; and increase civil society participation, advocacy, and oversight in government decision making.
The COP’s responsibilities include reporting to USAID and playing a significant, leading role in interacting with senior- and management-level GOG officials from the Ministry of Finance, SEGEPLAN, the Office of the Comptroller General, and line ministries. The COP will play a leadership role in coordinating with USAID/Guatemala, USAID implementing partners and other key stakeholders on a regular basis. The COP must be experienced in thinking and working politically and being able to respond to changing political/economic priorities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Anticipated roles include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership, and ensure the provision of timely, relevant, high quality work from both long-term staff and incoming short-tem1consultants.
- Serve as principal liaison with Contracting Officer and the Contracting Officer Representatives (COR and ACOR), GOG counterparts, USAID implementing partners, and other donors.
- Ensure component activities are integrated and fully leveraged so the Program meets/exceeds expected results. Build synergies among the different activities, and pursue areas of cooperation with key counterparts, other donors, and partner institutions.
- Oversee the drafting and completion of required project reports and deliverables, such as quarterly reports, work plans and technical reports, ensuring their quality and timely submission.
- Minimum of ten years of experience working in a management role with governments, donors and civil society organizations in developed and/or developing countries. Donor project experience in Latin America preferred.
- Significant experience managing large-scale, multi-year, complex bilateral government-funded programs, with a strong track record of successfully managing donor-funded programs. Experience working with USAID is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, collaborate, build consensus and cooperation among government officials, donors, civil society organizations and other stakeholders with competing interests.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PFM in such areas as accountability, budgeting, expenditure management, domestic resource mobilization, and citizen oversight as demonstrated through previous program design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. government project management, including rules, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to implement projects with rigorous timelines and deliverables and to track program quality through monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Proven experience hiring, training, and supervising teams of international and local staff.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills, with the ability to build and motivate diverse teams.
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public or business administration, political science or a closely related field is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
About the Organization
Louis Berger, a WSP company. is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development (ID), a division within Louis Berger, offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development.