DAI Global Health seeks Chief of Party candidates for an USAID funded health information system (HIS) project in Haiti. The purpose of the HIS project is to build capacity within the Haitian Ministry of Health (MOH) to implement, manage and oversee a comprehensive health management information system and to provide support to the MOH to develop e-health policy. The project has four years left of implementation.
- Provide overall program management and coordination with USAID and to ensure coordination among USAID funded projects and other donor and NGO sponsored activities;
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation and guide appropriate program adjustments;
- Serve as liaison with USAID, Haiti Ministry of Health counterparts and technical implementation activities;
- Lead annual work planning development process, implementation of workplan activities, and delivery of annual targets;
- Oversee multiple activities simultaneously, including hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising local personnel;
- Build the capacity of local staff in both technical and managerial skills; and
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws, USAID policies, and DAI policies and procedures.
- minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in information systems management with progressively increasing responsibilities and duties;
- master’s degree or higher in relevant field of study (e.g. IT management, public health, MBA, etc.);
- demonstrated experience as COP or leadership in administration of similar sized international donor supported programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting;
- demonstrated ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams;
- evidence of strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- fluency in English and Haitian Creole or French (written and spoken); and
- Previous experience in Haiti preferred.
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.