DAI seeks a Chief of Party for a four- to five-year USAID funded Integrated Health Service Delivery program. This project will deliver health services such as Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Services; HIV/AIDS; Family Planning and Reproductive Health from the Ministry of Health’s Essential Package of Health Services through facilities and attending communities.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. S/he will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid reprioritization of activities when necessary. Other responsibilities include:
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, Government of Haiti counterparts and community
- stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities.
- Provide technical and intellectual direction and leadership.
- Manage, lead and oversee all expatriate, local staff, consultants and subcontractors in
- achieving project results.
- Oversee all financial and administrative matters.
- Develop work plans for project activities.
- Oversee the participatory planning process to produce a strategic plan for
- project deliverables.
- Provide technical support in all program areas to team as needed.
- Oversee development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluating Plan.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to USAID on all program areas; and
- Present findings in both written and oral presentations as required.
- Coordinate program activities with other donors.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience related to implementation of projects in lower- to middle-income economies.
- Prior Chief of Party (Country Director, Team Leader or Project Director) experience leading and managing complex projects.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
- Substantial prior experience working on USAID-funded projects, and knowledge of USAID operations, priorities, and programming
- An advanced degree in Business Administration, International Development, Public Health or related field
- Experience with large service delivery projects.
- Fluent English is required and fluent in either French or Haitian Creole preferred
- Experience working in Haiti is desirable.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
About the Organization
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.