The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) is seeking a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID Improving Governance in Haiti Initiative (IGHI).
Project Goal: The purpose of the program is to support locally-driven and politically-feasible solutions to supporting more inclusive, accountable governance in Haiti.
Project Objectives. The project will support activities that help governments manage and mobilize resources and improve service delivery to citizens; promote greater engagement among civil society, private sector and government to define and address development priorities and improve communication, collaboration and coordination across and between levels of government and with Parliament on policy, budget and service delivery issues.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership for the entire program, overseeing day-to-day management and the successful implementation of Project activities;
- Provide oversight to project administration, operations and finance;
- Be the key liaison with USAID/Haiti and work collaboratively with Government of Haiti, and all other counterparts and implementing organizations;
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments; and
- Facilitate the generation of appropriate solutions by Project staff, partners and counterparts to complex governance challenges in Haiti.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a discipline related to government, management/administration, city planning, international development or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in the management and implementation of complex donor-funded democratic local governance and decentralization programs that have included civic engagement goals and collaboration with community-based actors.
- Track record of interacting and working effectively with a range of government, private sector, civil society and community stakeholders on governance issues in complex and fluid environments.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with donors.
- Proven communication, conflict resolution, facilitation and decision-making skills.
- Flexible approach for working in a dynamic environment and managing relationships with and among stakeholders. Keen understanding of political economy issues that need to be taken into account as project evolves.
- Understanding of US government regulations.
- Fluency in English and French. Haitian Creole desirable.
About the Organization
ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, develops tools and resources that advance professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve lives worldwide. Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates and resources for local government. Visit www.icma.org for more information. You can also follow us on Twitter: @ICMA - Latest News and Information about Local Government @ICMAMembers - Membership Updates @ICMAEvents - Annual Conference Information @ICMAJobCenter - Jobs Postings at ICMA @ICMA_311 - Information about ICMA's 311/CRM Services @ICMACityLinks - Information from ICMA International's City Links Program @LifeWellRun – Updates on campaign news and activities Check out our affiliate Twitter pages: @SolarOutreach - News and Information about municipal solar adoption @Brownfields2013 - Updates about the 2013 National Brownfields Conference Go to http://icma.org/socialmediaguidelines to learn more about our Social Media Engagement Guidelines.