Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Peru
ME&A is recruiting a Chief of Party for the USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) contract. The purpose of MELS is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes. Additionally, MELS will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders. The Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the contract, ensuring an integrated vision among different components, and focus on ensuring high quality deliverables.
- Provide support services for designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring performance, and applying learning and adaptive management, while ensuring sustainability through building the capacity of USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) staff as well as local stakeholders.
- Support technical teams in their indicator reporting and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) systems on a regular (quarterly/annual) basis will be solely responsible for resolving any organizational conflict of interest issues with its subcontractors
- Support and maintain in the webbased performance data management information system
- Support the Mission in the collection, review, and utilization of geographic information data, using ESRI ArcGIS software
- Advance efforts to build the capacity of local MEL professionals
- Host events and bring together MEL professionals from the Mission and IPs among other stakeholders
- Create partnerships with local MEL businesses and build their institutional capacity so that local firms can provide MEL services to the Mission through this MEL platform
- Other duties as stated in the contract’s scope of work
- Master’s degree in development or related development field, such as Economics, Political science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other related discipline.
- Formal training in monitoring and evaluation is preferred.
- At least 10 years of project management experience.
- At least 8 years of relevant prior experience conducting or leading development evaluations and monitoring projects and programs, preferably in Europe and Latin American Countries.
- At least three years of local work experience in Latin America.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) is a plus.
- Language proficiency reading and writing in Spanish and English is required
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.