Position Title: Chief of Party
Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Peru
ME&A is recruiting a local Chief of Party (COP) for the USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) contract. The purpose of MELS is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, and USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes. Additionally, this award will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders.
- Provide the vision and overall leadership to the team
- Manage the Contractor’s technical assistance, training, and overall support
- Prepare and submit reports requested by USAID
- Coordinate USAID assistance with key counterparts.
- Responsible for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed and the objectives of the project are successfully met.
- Lead the Contractor’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regard to day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the contract, whether by international or local personnel, is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed
- Manage and supervise the work of all experts/personnel provided with the task orders under the contract.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the contract and will establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of proposed implementation plans and all reports.
- Represent the Contractor in all matters pertaining to the execution of the Statement of Work/Performance Work Statement
- Current residency in Peru
- A Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in social sciences or other related disciplines;
- Fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in leading teams, project management of programs of similar scope and complexity in developing countries. At least five of these years should be in Latin America;
- Five years of experience in monitoring and/or evaluations;
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish is required (Level 4/4).
- Working knowledge of Portuguese and/or Dutch is desirable.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.