Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Energy Program in Indonesia. The activity seeks to improve Indonesian energy sector policies and planning and increase investment in advanced energy systems, particularly renewable energy, to expand access to energy, drive inclusive growth, and reduce poverty. The activity will advance integrated resource planning, budgeting, and implementation for sustainable energy and electrification programs; accelerate power sector transformation; and catalyze private sector investment to deploy advanced energy systems. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the activity and serve as the primary contact with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Ensure that the work plan, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting efforts align with contract requirements, program objectives, and USAID guidance
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the government of Indonesia, local partners, and other stakeholders
- Monitor and modify program assistance to achieve results, ensuring that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Advanced degree in urban planning, energy and/or environmental policy, economics, engineering, or a relevant technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience leading and managing programs of similar scope and complexity, such as energy sector reform, climate change, urban planning, governance and capacity building
- Minimum of five years as a chief of party, deputy chief of party, or team leader in Asia required; experience in Indonesia strongly preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with local government counterparts, private sector associations, civil society organizations, and other key stakeholders
- Skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting required
- Experience with USAID and/or other international donors preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English is required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to IndonesiaEnergyCOP@chemonics.com no later than December 6, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.