Job Title: Chief of Party
Department/Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay
IBTCI is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Project in Indonesia, funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, key position based in Jakarta, Indonesia. This Project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID Indonesia’s portfolio of programs. The Chief of Party will require experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills.
*Note: This is a position for a proposal and is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of MEL technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, monitoring and evaluation, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks.
- Serve as primary liaison with the USAID/Indonesia Contracting Officer’s Representative and Contracting Officer.
- Provide strategic direction and overall supervision and successful management of the program.
- Develop and oversee program work plans and budgets based on expected program outputs and results using an adaptive management approach.
- Identify issues and risks related to program management in a timely manner.
- Ensure management of sound administrative practices with regard to recordkeeping in accordance with both donor regulations and internal policies.
- Manage the project’s financial resources in accordance with the budget as well as donor and IBTCI policies.
- Supervise, develop and mentor staff.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience serving as the head of office/Chief of Party of a long-term program.
- Excellent client responsiveness and a proven track record of successful program implementation and production of high-quality deliverables.
- Excellent skills in project management, leadership, teamwork and teambuilding.
- Familiarity with development issues and priorities specific to Indonesia.
- Extensive demonstrable experience strengthening collaboration, learning and performance.
- Prior experience in South East Asia.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing and/or evaluating international; development projects;
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and/or managing an office with a diverse staff;
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics;
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis;
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries;
- Experience building organizational capacity in monitoring and evaluation, dissemination and learning and/or training individuals in monitoring and evaluation;
- Familiarity with the USAID Automated Directive System (ADS), in particular the 200 series, and knowledge of development trends required;
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills;
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s degree in international development, strategic planning, project design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation methodologies, or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.