DT Global is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) candidate for the anticipated USAID/Indonesia Improving DRG - Local Governance Enabling Environment (L-GEE) Activity. L-GEE supports the Government of Indonesia (GOI) to increase the quality of policy implementation and service delivery at the subnational level.
The COP is response for overall leadership, technical, project management and administrative leadership of the project. S/he is the primary liaison with USAID/Indonesia and all other stakeholders. The COP provides the strategic vision for managing the activity objectives by coordinating and ensuring that all components, cross-cutting teams, operations teams are working in tandem and assuring there is close coordination with USAID/Indonesia, other donors, the private sector, government institutions, and local and international organizations.
Master’s in political science, Public Policy, Urban Planning, Governance, Public Finance Management, Public Administration or related field is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Chief of Party (COP) or Project Director with large donor-funded programs (> 20 million) and proven ability to oversee multiple activities simultaneously in multiple locations and engage with government representatives and project stakeholders.
- Experience working in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and managing an office with diverse staff.
- Experience in facilitating capacity building for multiple stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following technical areas: municipal governance, service delivery, institutional strengthening, social inclusion and government transparency or citizen engagement.
- Previous experience managing large projects in Indonesia and/or in South or Southeast Asian countries.
- Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills in English. The ability to speak Bahasa is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, financial and administrative management expertise.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of gender equality, capacity development and anti-corruption.
What we Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
This job description is subject to change at any time and this scope of work should not be construed as all inclusive; its purpose is to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The selected candidate may be required to perform jo-related tasks other than those stated in this scope of work, but which are reasonable and corresponds to similar levels of responsibility and within the candidate’s capacity to perform based on his/her knowledge, skills, and ability.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
CV in reverse chronological format
At least 3 professional references, including name, contact, and relationship.
Please make sure that your documents are uploaded as incomplete applications or corrupt files may delay the processing of your candidacy. Applications who do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant
About the Organization
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com