Cardno is seeking a qualified Chief of Party for the expected USAID-funded Indonesia New Energy Activity.
The Indonesia New Energy Activity will work with the Government of Indonesia and other key stakeholders to further advance their capacity and commitment to implement best practices in energy policies, incentives, planning, procurement, and utility modernization, which will expand access to energy, drive inclusive economic growth, and reduce poverty, in a transparent and accountable manner. The project will work closely with the Government of Indonesia, private sector, financial institutions, civil society organizations, and partners to catalyze private investment to advance cost-effective renewable energy deployment to meet the growing energy demand and reach energy parity throughout the country. This position is based in Indonesia.
The Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments. This person shall act as the key liaison between the USAID and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved with the project. The Chief of Party should have a community-oriented approach and demonstrable success applying innovative, sustainable solutions in challenging environments, as the position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, and consistency under urgent deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Required: 12+ years’ experience in the energy sector, specifically in deployment of advanced energy systems; renewable energy; utility modernization, transformation, and efficiency; and planning, optimization, and resource utilization for energy and electrification programs.
- Required: Five or more years of experience in international donor-funded program management, preferably including senior management experience at Chief of Party or equivalent level.
- Required: Expertise in catalyzing private investment in the energy sector.
- Fluency in English required.
- Preferred: Previous experience in Indonesia or southeast Asia.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Background, knowledge, and experience in gender equality or social inclusion/protection.
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders in challenging environments.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience working under pressure, multi-tasking, and meeting management deadlines.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment.
- Commitment to principles of gender equality, capacity development and anti-corruption.
- Ability to establish successful collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including other donor partners, utility providers, government, private sector, government, and local organizations.
- Ability to deal with Ambiguity.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to manage through systems.
- Ability to build and maintain useful and wide-ranging networks of contacts at institution, country or regional level.
- Ability to quickly understand regional/country context and local sensitivities.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with an effective range of external contacts.
- Ability to negotiate effectively combining logic and reason with interpersonal sensitivity.
- Interpersonal Savvy, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Communications, Process Management/Improvement, Risk Management, Drive for Results, Personal Learning, Functional/Technical Skills.
- Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10 lbs.
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.