Chief of Party, Innovation Based Economy in Belarus
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for anticipated Innovation Based Economy Program funded by USAID in Belarus. The new activity is envisioned to start in 2020.
ACDI/VOCA seeks a dynamic and progressive professional who brings technical expertise in economic growth programs as well as proven experience engaging diverse stakeholders such as academic institutions, government agencies, communities, financial institutions for sustainability of the project interventions. The position will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and overall quality assurance of the project. The COP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and ACDI/VOCA regulations.
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives;
- Oversee program administration, operations, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and donor regulations;
- Ensure high quality technical leadership and oversight is in place for the program;
- Lead team to provide effective coordination and guidance among academic institutions, Local Government Areas, smallholder farmers, service providers and other key stakeholders;
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Establish compliance with USG regulations, procedures and ACDI/VOCA guidelines;
- Represent ACDI/VOCA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team;
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where the project team strives to achieve excellence;
- Ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Business Administration, Development studies, or similar is preferred; Bachelor’s Degree is required;
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in designing, managing and implementing complex economic growth programs;
- At least five years’ experience in Chief of party, Project Director or similar senior management position, preferably in NIS, including managing budgets and personnel, motivating and supervising technical staff;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a medium-to-large team, dispersed across a wide geographic area;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID approaches and regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; professional proficiency in Russian desired.
Please e-mail your resume to BizDevExperts@acdivoca.org or apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.