International is seeking Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated
USAID Cote d’Ivoire integrated health project (malaria, maternal and child
health and family planning). The COP will have
primary responsibility for the overall strategic leadership and oversight of
project implementation. The COP will ensure that the project meets stated goals
and strengthens the technical and managerial leadership and health impact in
targeted regions of Cote d’Ivoire. The COP will also have principal
responsibility for representation of the project to USAID. They will execute
the vision for the RTI-led team and will manage long- and short-term technical
expertise across all result areas. The COP will ensure timely implementation
and reporting of activities and will serve as the primary focal point for all
management decisions with direct oversight of the project’s senior leadership
team. The position will be based with RTI in Abidjan and local travel will be
required. The position is contingent upon award and funding.
vision and strategic technical leadership for the project.
- Bears ultimate responsibility for all project management and
operations, including financial management, cost control, sub recipient
management, performance monitoring, financial reporting, and client relations.
- Serves as RTI’s project liaison to USAID/Cote d’Ivoire, host
government counterparts, local organizations, other stakeholders, and program
- Responsible for the overall performance and results of the
project, including management and oversight of the program’s technical,
operational, and administrative staff.
- Interfaces regularly with USAID on management and decision-making.
Ensures that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder
expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated.
- Develops and implements annual program work and performance milestone
plans and negotiates an agreement of those plans with USAID and other partner
organizations. Leads annual project work planning and reporting.
- Ensures the timely and quality completion of all program technical
and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Conducts day-to-day management of the project from Abidjan and
through frequent travel to supported partners, districts, and regions.
- With the Finance and Operations Director, adapts and implements
management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all
activities funded by the agreement, ensuring appropriate financial resources, monitoring,
and tracking expenditures, and preparing financial reports for submission to
- Represents the project on behalf of RTI
in regional or key global meetings, consultative sessions, and conferences.
- Directly supervise senior technical and operational staff members.
- Master’s degree in public health, health economics, health policy or a related field. University degree (or higher) in clinical health field (nursing, medicine, surgery) is preferred.
- Minimum of 14 years of experience managing and leading technical and administrative teams for complex health projects in Africa focused on areas including maternal/child health (MCH), health systems strengthening, family planning (FP)/reproductive health (RH), malaria and/or nutrition.
- Experience in Cote d’Ivoire will be preferred.
- Senior level expertise in any of the following technical components: maternal, newborn and child health; malaria; family planning, health systems strengthening.
- Demonstrated ability to support cross-sectoral programming.
- Demonstrated professional excellence in health program management, including experience in the following: client relationship management, developing program work plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, and managing technical assistance teams.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders, including host government ministries.
- Experience working as a COP for USG-funded project is highly desirable with proven capacity to effectively manage staff and project funds.
- Strong knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, management, supervision, and budgeting expertise.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Cote d’Ivoire.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in French and English (tested FSI R4/S4).