This prospective project seeks to provide USAID/Iraq with a wide range of monitoring, evaluation and learning support services to promote effective and informed decision making across USAID/Iraq’s wide-ranging development efforts. The project includes the implementation of a comprehensive performance measurement, monitoring, and evaluation program, and technical guidance in an effort to enable USAID/Iraq to fulfill its performance monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and information-sharing obligations as mandated in USAID’s Automated Directives System (ADS) and other Agency guidance. The project involves services across four components: (1) Performance Management, (2) Evaluation Services, (3) M&E Capacity Building, and (4) Collaboration, Learning and Adapting.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for all aspects of project, technical, financial and personnel management. He or she will be responsible for overseeing the completion of all deliverables required under the project as well as overall compliance with the contract. This work will involve team management, technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations. The Chief of Party must have demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis, and familiarity with Third-Party Monitoring.
- Develop and oversee contract work plans and budgets based on expected contract outputs and results using an adaptive management approach.
- Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, monitoring and evaluation, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of MEL technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID and working environment in Iraq.
- Oversee the training for staff (mainly the field monitors) and building local capacity for monitoring and evaluation staff and/or subcontractors.
- Identify issues and risks related to contract management in a timely manner.
- Manage the activity’s financial resources in accordance with the budget as well as USAID’s policies and regulations.
- Advanced degree in International Development or relevant field.
- At least 10 years of overseas development experience, in both management and technical capacities preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis required. Must have familiarity with Third-Party Monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team is required.
- Demonstrated ability to convey data and findings in a concise, accessible, and visually compelling manner is required.
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries is required.
- Experience building organizational capacity in monitoring and evaluation, dissemination and learning and/or training individuals in monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Experience in the Middle East preferred, prior experience in Iraq or another conflict zone highly desirable.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required, Arabic preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=7188
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.