Chemonics seeks expressions of interest (EOIs) and recommendations for a chief of party for the anticipated Jordan Public Financial Management and Administration (PFMA) Activity. Valued at $10 to $25 million, this five-year Activity will work to improve the fiscal stability and public financial management in Jordan. This position will be based in Amman, Jordan. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Activities may include:
- Building the capacity of the Ministry of Finance and other institutions to modernize the revenue system
- Encouraging compliance and easing taxpayer ability to comply with tax obligations
- Improving budget planning, preparation, and execution
- Enhancing public procurement management
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership for the Activity and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and work planning activities accurately and professionally reflect program activities and achievements
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Jordan, Jordanian counterparts, local partners and other program stakeholders
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify programmatic assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments
- Advanced degree in international development, economics, public policy, public finance, law, or another relevant field preferred
- A minimum of ten years of relevant technical experience in economic reform and implementation in areas such as public finance and budgeting, revenue mobilization, customs, competition, trade and investment, and dispute resolution
- Experience leading international development programs of similar scope, size, and complexity is required; experience as a chief of party is preferred
- Experience with public-private engagement and partnerships, capacity building of local stakeholders, and donor coordination
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships with local government counterparts, private sector associations, civil society organizations, and other key stakeholders
- Strong leadership ability and experience managing large teams in culturally diverse settings
- Familiarity with the Middle East and North Africa region; Jordan preferred, specifically in public financial management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with your CV, EOIs, cover letter, or recommendations attached to JordanPFMARecruit@chemonics.com with “Chief of Party” in the subject line by October 4, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.