Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Jordan aimed supporting private sector led economic growth for MSMEs through fostering an enabling environment, strengthening value chains, supporting access to finance and increasing firm productivity.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading all aspects of contract performance, providing technical guidance to all tasks under the contract, and representing the Contractor’s activities as a whole to outside audiences. This individual will act as the key liaison between the relevant USAID Mission/Office and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved in the project. The COP should have strategic vision, leadership qualities, technical expertise, professional reputation, management experience, and interpersonal skills to fulfill the diverse managerial requirements of the project. The COP will manage the technical teams, ensuring coordination of goals and efforts across the entire project effort.
The Chief of Party will be required to:
- Design and lead technical implementation of USAID priorities
- Ensure all services are aligned and delivered according to guidelines established by USAID and Cardno
- Supervise a team across a wide range of technical disciplines, including but not limited to increasing competitiveness of MSMEs, business enabling environment, and access to finance
- Liaise with the USAID Mission/Office, government stakeholders, private sector and other local partners, as required by the project, to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements
- Serve as a primary point of contact with local government officials, civil society organizations (CSOs) and other project stakeholders as needed
- Review deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement
- Participate in development of the project’s strategic and operational plans, and oversee the development and successful implementation of annual work plans
- Lead project reporting and analysis and promote the use of strategic information
- Monitor project implementation, including internal and external client satisfaction, using best practices
- Ensure that the project consistently delivers results on time, in keeping with required deliverables
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- 8+ years of experience implementing and managing donor-funded projects to improve competitiveness of market-orientated SMEs, job creation through work force development, PPD, and private sector led growth, with some Chief of Party/Team Leader experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a diverse team of employees
- Experience in Middle East North Africa
- Ability to establish successful collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including private sector, government, local organizations, other donors, and media
- USAID experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience and results leading technical areas of interest, such as MSME strengthening, access to finance, and business enabling environment.
- Experience in transition or developing countries preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Fluency in English required, Arabic is preferred.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.