FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID/Jordan Enterprise Support Activity (JESA). The purpose of JESA is to support private sector-led economic growth for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) by fostering an enabling environment, strengthening value chains, supporting access to finance, and increasing firm productivity.
The COP will be responsible for developing and maintaining the overall technical vision, strategy, and direction of the project, assuming responsibility for design, delivery, and progress against the approved work plan, and reporting against performance monitoring plan. The COP will work with the senior management team to ensure overall planning, implementing, and managing of the project and establishing the administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward achieving project goals and objectives. The COP will regularly interface with USAID on management and decision-making while ensuring that activities are meeting USAID and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated. The COP will be responsible for ensuring the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines; assisting with analysis and communications regarding resource management; and ensuring coordination with Mission and other donor initiatives. S/he will serve as the leadership and public face of project initiatives in public communication, outreach, and networking. S/he will be expected to identify issues and risks related to the activity implementation in a timely manner, and to suggest appropriate activity adjustments. The COP will serve as the project’s principal contact point for USAID and will be the project’s main in-country contact for government counterparts, donors, local partners, media, private sector partners, and civil society.
The position will be resident-based in Amman, Jordan. Employment is contingent upon successful award of the JESA project to FHI 360, as well as USAID approval of the finalist.
- Provide overall technical leadership management and general technical direction for the design and implementation of project activities
- Responsible for design, delivery, and progress against approved work plan and reporting against performance monitoring plan
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports, in accordance with USAID guidelines
- Ensure an integrated project vision among staff and subcontractors
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID/Jordan, government counterparts, donors, local partners, and community stakeholders, and build effective relationships with all key stakeholders
- Oversee financial and administrative management of the program, ensuring compliance with USAID and FHI 360 rules and regulations
- Supervise the development and submission of program deliverables and provide accurate and timely reporting to USG and key stakeholders on all program areas
- Oversee the establishment of effective project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and personnel and procurement systems, and ensure that program results are met
- Manage long-term staff and short-term advisors in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of project results
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope and scale to this activity.*
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in one of the following relevant fields: public administration, public policy, international development, finance, economics, law, political science, or related social sciences
- Experience managing USAID projects (preferably as a Chief of Party) and strong knowledge of USAID programming rules and regulations, grants programs, and monitoring and evaluation policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to convene stakeholders from various disciplines and sectors (public, private, training/education, civil society) to identify and achieve common goals
- Experience working in the workforce development field, with a deep understanding of issues related to job creation, skills development, and unemployment
- Experience living and working in the MENA Region preferred; previous experience working in Jordan highly desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of economic development issues in Jordan
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; Arabic language skills a plus
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated track record of strong donor relationships, including with USAID
- A proven record providing high quality management, strategic vision and leadership, and decision-making skills, with a demonstrated capacity to work effectively with diverse project teams
*Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.