* Maintain regular communication with CDC, Kenya counterparts, other US Government Cooperating Agencies, Palladium HQ and other relevant organizations.
* Articulate and communicate the project’s vision to the KeHMIS project team, Kenya counterparts, other US Government Cooperating Agencies and other relevant project organizations.
* Prepare and deliver formal and informal project-related presentations upon request by CDC, or as needed for other parties.
* Promote the project among GOK Ministry and country department heads, professional groups and other relevant parties.
* Represent the project in best-practice knowledge-sharing forums and through special studies that document lessons learned.
* In collaboration with the MOH, donor and other stakeholders develop the informatics strategy and guiding principles for health systems strengthening efforts under the project
* Provide oversight, regulation and high level coordination across multiple projects including setting appropriate policies, procedures and standards for effective IT development and deployment
* In collaboration with the Deputy Chief of Party and the Project Manager ensure the effective execution and management of a portfolio of projects in alignment with industry standards and practices including risk management and mitigation
* Ensure that the organizational structure, staffing skills sets and culture are aligned to achieve the objectives of the project
* Lead the team towards the development of appropriate and innovative health sector technologies, effective , capacity strengthening approach, development of an effective data analytics and data use strategy, annual project workplans and monitor implementation of project activities as planned.
* Provide intellectual leadership, technical input and management support to all project technical assignments.
* Oversee the preparation of regular periodic reports to CDC on progress towards project objectives.
* Oversee the preparation of documents related to the cooperative agreement in line with the CDC guidelines.
* Ensure that Palladium hiring policies and procedures are adhered to during the recruitment and hiring of staff and consultants.
* Oversee project staff performance, including conducting annual performance reviews.
* Directly manage and mentor the Deputy Chief of Party, the Finance and Admin Manager, and KeHMIS II Sub-Awardees.
* Oversee management of on-boarding and termination of staff, ensuring that all CDC and Palladium policies and regulations are adhered to.
* Ensure that all project-related contracts are developed and executed in compliance with CDC and Palladium policies and procedures.
* Oversee management of all project contract finances (budget and funds).
* Oversee management of commodity procurements, inventory and general logistics.
* Conduct regular meetings with the project team as a vehicle for monitoring progress on, and providing leadership to project staff.
* Advanced degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent (e.g. Management Information Systems).
* Public health academic or fellowship training (e.g., MPH, FELTP, epidemiology, health informatics, behavioral science, etc.) strongly preferred but not required.
* 10+ years of experience in public health program management, health governance, health information systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation, health informatics or other field related to international health programs are required.
* Strong reputation and relationships with MoH and/or PEPFAR stakeholders/beneficiaries required
* An in-depth understanding of, and ability to effectively function in the Kenya political, cultural, and social landscape.
* Previous experience as a Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party/Senior Manager /Team Leader of a comparable multi-dimensional donor project.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Professional and diplomatic demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
* Fluent written and spoken English and Swahili required.
* Experience working with CDC and/or USAID and/or CDC and/or USAID partners is required.
* Health informatics experience: Demonstrated experience managing HIS projects or programs.
* A capacity builder: Experience in building institutional, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
* Be results oriented: Knows how to design and successfully implement, monitor, and disseminate results, adapting as needed to achieve the greatest impact.
* A responsive manager: Able to motivate staff to perform effectively toward project objectives.
* A strategist and an innovator. Demonstrated creative and innovative problem solver with a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
* A motivator: Have the ability to re-energize a team and steer them towards high productivity
* A collaborator: Demonstrated success in collaboration and coordination across sister projects, partners, sectors and with home office.
* Analytical: Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial and evaluative skills.
* Agility: Ability to anticipate, respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
* Autonomy: Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
* Diligence: Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts,Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Funded under the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, KeHMIS II supports the Kenya Ministry of Health and county governments to implement technological innovations in health information systems. These innovations include the development and scale up of electronic medical records systems for clinical decision support and improved patient care, the development of the Kenya National Data Warehouse (NDW), a centralized data repository of information from EMRs for analysis and reporting, the development of an interoperability layer to support the exchange of information across systems, and numerous other innovations including patient identification using smart cards, informatics solutions to support health surveillance, and mHealth solutions to support data collection at the community level.