World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party – Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KFW) Project, you will contribute to increased stability and economic well-being of 37.430 conflict affected households within vulnerable communities in South Darfur. This shall be achieved by an increased access of the Project beneficiaries to diversified sources of livelihoods and employment opportunities, the provision of infrastructure for agricultural and livestock production as well as the promotion of conflict resolution mechanisms to foster community interaction and co-existence between agro-pastoralists and pastoralists. The KfW (German Development Bank) funded project is expected to contribute to the stability of the South Darfur region by construction and rehabilitation of rural infrastructures (micro dams, veterinary clinics and feeder roads) and supporting existing and alternative livelihoods.
- At least 10 years of hands-on management experience of large (over USD 5M) complex, multi-year and multi-sector projects in a fragile environment.
- Long-term experience in managing livelihood and/or resilience building projects with strong focus on Local Value Chain development.
- Experience in managing projects with large investment in rural productive infrastructure (water & sanitation, feeder roads etc) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and awareness of Sudan or a similar fragile context.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Rural Development, Agricultural Development OR Civil Engineering, or a related field from accredited university.
- Training in civil engineering, infrastructure development or economics is desirable but not mandatory.
- Training and experience in the protection sector, particularly of children in conflict environments; is highly desirable.
- Fluent English language speakers.
§ Work environment/Travel: Office based and 80% travel
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 01 FEB 2021. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.