Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on an anticipated USAID funded program in Kosovo. The goal of this Activity is to facilitate Kosovo’s firms towards becoming more competitive in local, regional, and international markets, thereby promoting export-led growth.
The anticipated objectives of this Activity are:
1. To increase exports through improved SME sophistication and market knowledge and linkages
2. A skilled workforce that better meets private sector needs
3. To expand access to finance to facilitate firms growth and capacity
Tetra Tech anticipates using a market systems approach to improve private sector performance and competitiveness of key export sectors and promote greater integration with European and global markets thus generating private sector employment in Kosovo.
Position Description: The COP will be the principal point of contact in Kosovo for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID/Kosovo on technical matters and must adjust programs and operations in response to USAID/Kosovo technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire Activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to Activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Pristina, Kosovo.
* Master’s degree in a relevant field;
* At least fifteen (15) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of economic development activities, with preference given to trade and export activities under a USG funded instrument, especially USAID;
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Experience working in the agricultural and economic growth sector in Kosovo or the Balkan region;
* Familiarity with the EU market and its trade policies;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Experience in developing and managing multi-sectoral, multi-donor-funded programs preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with different donors, civil society organizations and host country government counterparts;
* Professional fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Albanian is preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format with language proficiency levels
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Deadline for applications is August 1, 2019. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/KosovoCOP
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.