Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID $10 - 25 million Kosovo: Preventing Youth Violent Extremism.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall activity management of the program, including providing leadership to attain objectives, ensuring adequate communications with USAID, interacting with high-level Kosovar government officials and other counterparts and identifying and mitigating activity risks.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Overall management of the program, including technical implementation, staff and partner oversight, and monitoring and evaluation.
* Meeting program targets and ensuring the fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
* Establishing and maintaining systems for project operations and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
* Primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
* Producing effective written reports and oral presentations on program.
* Representing Global Communities and program interests as necessary and appropriate.
* Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
* COP. DCOP or similar senior management experience implementing a USAID project of similar size and scope.
* Experience working on USAID projects with large grant making and community engagement components
* Experience working on projects that utilize a Positive Youth Development approach.
* Experience working on programs that target underrepresented groups (including women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas)
* Experience implementing activities that target community-level drivers of instability.
* At least ten years of international development experience. Experience in Eastern Europe preferred.
* Fluent English required.