World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party, Kosovo USAID Youth Opportunity, you will be responsible for the overall management of the project and will be the lead liaison with USAID. You will be directly responsible for implementation of programme activities, effective and compliant reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation. You will maintain relationships with USAID, implementing partners, and provide overall programme leadership. You will promote innovative strategies to include youth and marginalized groups, and be responsible for establishing and maintaining administrative and organizational structures. Please note that this position is contingent upon successful donor award of grant and approval of this key personnel role.
- At least 10 years of experience in the design and implementation of international development projects
- At least 5 years of senior-level project management experience in a similar development context working with youth development programming
- Experience overseeing the administrative, contracting, financial and logistical aspects of budgets close to $4 million a year
- Post-graduate degree in relevant field desirable
- Professional level written and oral English essential, Albanian language desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to build and manage cooperative high-level relationships and motivate subordinates
- Experience working with vulnerable groups,
- Experience with achieving gender equity in programming
- At least 5 years experience implementing and managing large international grants preferred;
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 JUL 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.