Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded project in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) focusing on enabling business environments and promoting trade investment. Position is subject to successful project award.
The purpose of the anticipated Business Environment project is to increase the Laotian government’s capacity to conduct trade within global and bilateral trade frameworks and engage with relevant stakeholders to promote economic partnerships and investment.
- Provide technical leadership, overall project management, and quality assurance oversight of the project;
- Serve as the main point of contact for USAID’s Regional Development Mission for Asia, the Government of Lao PDR, and other project stakeholders;
- Manage project budget and ensure quality control, accountability, and compliance with USAID and CA-USA policies and procedures for all project tasks;
- Monitor and evaluate program goals through data collection and analysis while providing relevant reports and communications with key stakeholders;
- Supervise expatriate and local short-term experts while ensuring completion of tasks and successful achievement of objectives; and
- Liaise with and advise senior-level partner-country officials and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, International Economic Policy, or related field required;
- Minimum 15 years of experience in economic growth initiatives, policy reform, decentralization, trade, public/private partnerships, and/or public/private dialogue in Lao PDR or a similar economic/political environment preferred;
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant project management and leadership experience on USAID-funded projects as a COP/DCOP;
- Recent work experience in Lao PDR or similar country context preferred; and
- Fluency in English required.
About the Organization
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 11 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in procurement, logistics, health systems strengthening, customs and trade facilitation and public financial management.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.