Resonance is seeking candidates to serve as Chief of Party for USAID’s anticipated the Laos Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program, which is intended to support U.S. Government’s efforts to strengthen business innovation and entrepreneurship in Lao PDR. The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall strategic and operational coordination of program activities. S/he should have a comprehensive understanding of issues related to managing a sub-award/sub-contract program that serves clients in developing countries supported by U.S. Government funding; strong management experience, problem solving and interpersonal skills, and experience in budgeting and financial management. S/he will also have experience in interacting with U.S. Government agencies, other donors, and partners.
The Chief of Party will bear primary responsibility for overall leadership, project planning and implementation, and ensuring timely and high-quality expertise and deliverables for both USAID and client USAID Missions worldwide. S/he will serve as the primary point of contact to USAID and contribute to successful, positive relationship with USAID and Mission representatives and other key stakeholders. The Chief of Party will be accountable for both the quality of the project, as well as for its effective financial and operational management. S/he will manage a team of technical staff, organizational partners and short-term consultants. The Chief of Party is responsible for achieving the expected results of the project and solving problems that may arise.
In one or more of the following areas, proven technical experience in emerging markets in:
- Providing past enterprise development services that has fostered the growth of enterprises from ideation to the creation of a minimum viable product (MVP)– preferably with social enterprises and/or in agriculture, ICT, hospitality, and tourism sectors;
- Improving the local business enabling environment for youth, entrepreneurship, and startups
- Building of innovation and entrepreneurship eco-systems;
- Organizing open innovation competitions in emerging markets from design to execution.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of program management and supervisory experience with a US Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization
- Minimum of three (3) years of field experience working in one or more developing countries, preferably the Lower Mekong sub-region
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with high level representatives from both the public and private sectors.
- Ability and interest to live and work in Vientiane, Laos.
- Ability to travel up to 20% internationally on short notice.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “COP, Laos Business Innovation” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.