Start Date – Contingent upon award, anticipated late 2018
Location – Vientiane, Laos
SNV is currently seeking experienced Chief of Party (COP) candidates to propose for an upcoming 5-year USAID-funded Laos Microenterprise Development Activity. The position is contingent upon contract or grant award.
The purpose of the activity is to provide support to Micro- and Small Enterprises (MSEs) in Laos that will result in increased economic opportunity for poor communities, especially those in rural areas. The activity will also aid development and growth of MSEs by empowering their supplier or producer base. In addition to improving incomes, it is expected that this assistance will increase food security and improve health outcomes in some of Laos’ poorest communities.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction for the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among diverse components and actors, and focusing on achieving the desired results. This position will be responsible for overall activities of sub-recipients, and leading program-focused strategic planning and decision making. The Chief of Party will work directly with USAID and will be a key liaison to implementing partners, other stakeholders, and other SNV programmes. This position will ensure full compliance with all USAID, SNV, and other fiduciary regulations and will oversee the project reporting process in line with donor requirements. The Chief of Party will supervise project staff including professional performance management and coaching.
The resident COP is expected to have both the technical and management qualifications necessary to manage a USAID‐funded microenterprise development program. The COP will possess the requisite leadership qualities, management experience, broad technical expertise, professional reputation, and interpersonal skills needed to fulfill the diverse managerial and technical requirements of the program description.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of progressively responsible experience in the area of agribusiness, banking, business development service management, policy-making, or private sector development.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience as a Chief of Party (COP) or similar senior management position for projects of a similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in developing countries, with a strong preference for experience in Laos or Southeast Asia.
- Master’s degree or higher in Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Economic Development, or another related field.
- Proven success managing a multi‐million dollar USAID-funded contract or grant.
- Thorough understanding of USAID policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience leading coalitions, coordinating with and advocating among a broad set of diverse stakeholders including communities, local and national governments, donors, INGOs and local partners.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with USAID, host government, civil society partners and personnel, bilateral and multilateral donors and implementers of complementary programs.
- Proven leadership in overall project management and a strong track record of meeting targets and deadlines for a project of similar scope and size.
- Knowledge and experience with USAID or other approaches to develop micro- and small enterprises, as well as approaches to increase access to finance, improve income generation, resolve enabling environment issues, and strengthen market system and value chain linkages.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of local languages is highly desired.
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a highly professional and diverse working environment.
For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
Please note the position is contingent upon award. The anticipated start date is late 2018.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, your CV, and three references all in English.
SNV USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SNV encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in 28 developing nations in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, and provide innovative, market-driven solutions in Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH). SNV works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV USA is the organization’s United States-based 501(c)(3) affiliate connecting North American partners to SNV’s implementation capacity around the world. SNV works to empower people to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own sustainable development.
For more information, please visit: www.snv.org.