Cloudburst Consulting Group, Headquartered in Landover, Maryland is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on the USAID funded Forests Incomes for Environmental Sustainability (FIFES) program. The USAID mission in the Republic of Liberia (USAID/Liberia) intends to award a Cooperative Agreement to implement FIFES. The goal of the program is to develop key rural forest-based enterprises which provide inclusive, sustainable economic opportunities for small holders and communities that combat drivers of deforestation and biodiversity loss. The estimated period of performance is approximately five years from the effective date of the agreement. This program will be implemented jointly under the United States Government’s (USG) Private Enterprise and Biodiversity Initiatives. The position is based in Monrovia, Liberia.
The COP shall be responsible for all reporting to USAID, and is expected to play a lead role in realizing the project’s results and interacting with key implementation actors and other development partners. The COP will be responsible for management of staff and consultants, coordination of activities and deliverables, oversight of work plans and project financial management, and will report to the USAID AOR on a regular basis on the status of major actions.
- Demonstrated expertise and at least 10 years professional experience working in development programs, with a focus on forestry and/or biodiversity. Direct experience working in West Africa is strongly preferable.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as COP/Senior Program Manager or an equivalent position managing large (at least $5 million), complex development programs, preferably within an African context.
- Experience working on community forestry or forest enterprise programs strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in strategic thinking and policy analysis and proven skills in stakeholder engagement with local communities, host country governments, and the private sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other Donor projects to maximize results.
- Required to have oral and written communication and presentations skills in English.
- The ideal candidate will be a flexible and creative leader with strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
About the Organization
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For a copy of our EEO policy and your rights under the law, please email email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at The Cloudburst Group Work With Us with a copy of your resume, writing sample (if requested), and a cover letter with desired salary and history.